1.33X Anamorphic Focusable Converter - 58mm Screw Mount
Attaching the Anamorphic
1. Remove the front and rear lens cap.
2. Tighten lock knob, rear section should not rotate.
3. Grasp the attachment by the rear collar and turn clockwise to mount.
Adjusting the Anamorphic
4. Loosen the lock knob screw counter clockwise and rotate the front optical section clockwise until the image and
optic is vertical (squeezed up & down). When looking at the front of the adapter be sure the straight edges of the
mask are position top and bottom. The oval image of the element should be vertical. See diagram above.
5. Tighten the lock knob. The index line should be at the three o’clock position.
Focusing the Anamorphic
6. In Auto Focus camera mode: Zoom camera to tele-photo. Adjust Anamorphic footage ring to the approximate
working distance. Slowly focus the Anamorphic until the image is sharp.
Note: Focusing the Anamorphic too quickly will not allow the camera focus to work properly.
In Manual Focus camera mode: Zoom camera to tele-photo. Adjust Anamorphic footage ring to the approximate
working distance. Focus the camera lens until the horizontal plane comes into focus; now adjust the focus ring on
the Anamorphic until the vertical plane comes into focus. Repeat as necessary to achieve a sharp image. If
needed, place the supplied vertical/horizontal chart (on reverse) at your tele-photo working distance and repeat
7. When not in use or removed from camera, reinstall the lens caps in order to protect the lens.