1.33X Anamorphic Focusable Converter - Bayonet Mount
Attaching the Anamorphic
1. Remove the front and rear lens cap.
2. Loosen the lock knob and rotate the bayonet lock ring until the yellow dots are aligned with each other and the index line.
Re-tighten lock knob
3. Grasp the attachment by the front engraved collar of the lens such that the pair of yellow dots are at the 12:00 position.
4. Insert the lens into the camera such that the yellow dots are at approximately 12:00 (right below the microphone). Push on to insure that the lens is firmly seated.
5. While continuing to grasp the attachment by the front of the lens, rotate the attachment clockwise. The locking mechanism will first encounter a mechanical stop such that the rear section of the lens will be unable to rotate any further. At that point, continue to rotate the front half alone, the yellow dots will separate. Continue to rotate until the unit is firmly locked in place.
Adjusting the Anamorphic
6. Loosen the lock knob screw counter clockwise and rotate the front optical section clockwise until the image and optic is vertical (squeezed up & down). When looking at the front of the adapter, be sure the straight edges of the mask are position top and bottom. The oval image of the element should be vertical. See diagram above.
7. Tighten the lock knob. The index line should be at the three o’clock position.
Focusing the Anamorphic
8. In Auto Focus camera mode: Zoom camera to tele-photo. Adjust Anamorphic footage ring to the approximate working distance. Slowly focus the Anamorphic until the image is sharp. Note: Focusing the Anamorphic to quickly will not allow the camera focus to work properly.
9. In Manual Focus camera mode: Zoom camera to tele-photo. Adjust Anamorphic footage ring to the approximate working distance. Focus the camera lens until the horizontal plane comes into focus; now adjust the focus ring on the Anamorphic until the vertical plane comes into focus. Repeat as necessary to achieve a sharp image. If needed, place the supplied vertical/horizontal chart (on reverse) at your tele-photo working distance and repeat steps above.
10. When not in use or removed from camera, reinstall the lens caps in order to protect the lens.